DEVPROCentre HES-SO de développement professionnel
Productive Writing: Create an efficient and sustainable writing practice
If you find writing joyful and efficient it is much easier to enjoy your PhD study. At this workshop we share both our good ideas and approaches and also explore why academic writing can be difficult, tedious and even sometimes creates writing blocks. An array of tools to build and support a good writing practice will be introduced and tried out in practice.
The course aims to improve your writing process by training meta-reflection on your own writing process. This is done both theoretically by introducing research based mental models and by practicing several different writing tools in situ.
The exercises include time to write on your own text. Therefore, it is very important to bring along a text that you are currently writing. It can be an article, a funding application, your PhD plan, the thesis or even a more popular text.
After the course you can:
- Structure your writing using specific writing goals
- Use speedwriting to get started and to prompt new ideas
- Utilise smaller time spans for writing to keep the process going
- Distinguish between different phases in the writing process
- Create a storyline in your text
- Reflect on your writing challenges
- Create conditions for more efficient writing
- Make a (more) realistic writing plan
- And hopefully enjoy writing even more!
The workshop combines lectures with plenary dialogues, group discussions and reflection, writing on your own text and sparring in smaller groups.
Cette formation n’est pas prise en compte pour l’obtention de l’Attestation didactique de la HES-SO.
Avenue de Provence 6